1. Whisk together the buckwheat, psyllium husks, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, salt, and nutmeg.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the coconut oil and coconut palm sugar until light.
3. Beat in the egg until combined. Add the blackstrap molasses and mix until combined.
4. Add the flour in one addition and mix until combined.
5. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
7. Use buckwheat flour to flour a piece of waxed paper. Dust the exterior of the dough with a little buckwheat flour.
8. Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter dipped in flour to cut out the little people. Re-roll scraps until all of the dough has been used.
9. Transfer cookies to prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 - 12 minutes depending on how big your cookies cutter is.
10. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
11. If desired, decorate by piping on eyes, a smile, and clothes with decorator's frosting.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (51g)|
|Recipe Makes: 36 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 30 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.3g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.7g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 29.2mg||1 %|
|Potassium 121mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 11.5g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 80
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe