* freeze the cabbage and let thaw over night. It peels away so easily and creates the perfect texture.
1. Saute beef and pork together until cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste. Once cooked mince the meat.
2. Using a large serving spoon place a large scoop of filling into the center of the cabbage leaf. Roll leaf around and fasten with a tooth pick. I cut off any extra cabbage so that my rolls aren't too thick.
3. Place in a backing dish.
1. In a large sauce pan heat olive oil and butter until butter starts to bubble.
2. Add diced onion, apple and cabbage. Approx, 1 cup of diced cabbage.
3. Once cooked add minced garlic, juice from 1 lemon, honey and salt and pepper. Approx, 1 tbs of salt and pepper.
4. In a blender, crush stewed tomatoes until it forms a liquid. Add to sauce pan with Hunts tomato sauce.
5. Let sauce boil for 15min.
6. Cool down sauce and pour over cabbage rolls. Make sure each roll is covered with sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook uncovered for 2 hours. Depending on your baking pan you may want to continue cooking for another hour
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (479g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 312 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 34.7g||46 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.2g||66 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 120.5mg||37 %|
|Sodium 523.2mg||18 %|
|Potassium 1126.3mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.9g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||26 %|
|Sugars, other 22.3g|
|Protein 35.3g||50 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 557
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.