Top-ranked recipe named "GRANDMA'S CABBAGE ROLLS"
* freeze the cabbage and let thaw over night. It peels away so easily and creates the perfect texture.
1. Saute beef and pork together until cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste. Once cooked mince the meat.
2. Using a large serving spoon place a large scoop of filling into the center of the cabbage leaf. Roll leaf around and fasten with a tooth pick. I cut off any extra cabbage so that my rolls aren't too thick.
3. Place in a backing dish.
1. In a large sauce pan heat olive oil and butter until butter starts to bubble.
2. Add diced onion, apple and cabbage. Approx, 1 cup of diced cabbage.
3. Once cooked add minced garlic, juice from 1 lemon, honey and salt and pepper. Approx, 1 tbs of salt and pepper.
4. In a blender, crush stewed tomatoes until it forms a liquid. Add to sauce pan with Hunts tomato sauce.
5. Let sauce boil for 15min.
6. Cool down sauce and pour over cabbage rolls. Make sure each roll is covered with sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook uncovered for 2 hours. Depending on your baking pan you may want to continue cooking for another hour
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
latishapinkston 3 months agoI made this for my Mom and Aunt , and they loved it! They said it tasted just like my Great Grandma's! They raved about the sauce, it is so yummy! This is a keeper I will most definitely make again!
tomvanessa 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]