1) In a large frying pan, melt the butter and saute lamb until lightly browned.
2) Remove lamb from pan; set aside. Pour off most of the excess pan drippings, saving just enough to saute onions & garlic until just tender.
3) Place onions, garlic, lamb in heavy-bottomed kettle. Add salt, pepper, tomato paste, and white wine (the drier, the better! Avoid chardonnays - they taste strange in this dish)
4) Cover and simmer for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Add chopped artichokes, lemon juice, and dill. Simmer for an additional 90 minutes or until lamb is tender. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
6) Serve over rice pilaf (or just mix the pilaf into the finished stew, like I do.)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (336g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 423 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 47g||63 %|
|Saturated Fat 25g||125 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 348.6mg||107 %|
|Sodium 230mg||8 %|
|Potassium 1146.6mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 15.6g|
|Protein 25.7g||37 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 621
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe