simple, easy, delicious. great for a summer day when you want something tasty without the heat of the kitchen.
1. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan. Add the bread cubes and sprinkle with salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes, until nicely browned. Add more olive oil as needed.
2. Place the cucumber, red pepper, yellow pepper, tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper in a small bowl. (for the vinaigrette)
4. While still whisking, add the olive oil and make an emulsion.
5. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables.
6. Add the feta, olives and bread cubes and mix together lightly.
Set aside for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend. Serve at room temperature.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (111g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 282 (97%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31.3g||42 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.3g||22 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 22.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 130.9mg||5 %|
|Potassium 85.3mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.6g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 2.4g|
|Protein 0.6g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 291
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.