Ready in 4 hours
1) Wash lamb well and pat dry.
2) Finely chop 8 cloves of garlic and place in a glass dish or sturdy plastic bag large enough to hold the lamb.
3) Stir in 4 tsps each of oregano and rosemary, 1/4 cup of the oil, the wine, zest and lemon juice.
4) Place lamb in marinade, turning to coat well on all sides; cover and refrigerate overnight.
5) Crush remaining 6 cloves of garlic and stir together with remaining 2 tsps each oregano and rosemary.
6) Remove lamb from marinade (keep marinade) and pierce in several places with the tip of a sharp knife.
7) Rub garlic-herb-mustard mixture over lamb, pressing into incisions.
8) Coat with remaining 2 tbsp of oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
9) Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
10) Peel potatoes and cut into large wedges or like cottage fries (or if you are using small, new potatoes, leave them whole).
11) Toss in the marinade kept from the lamb and 2 additional tablespoons of olive oil and pour all of this mixture into your pan, around the lamb.
12) Roast, uncovered, in 190 degrees C (375 F) oven for 1 hours, turn lamb over to make a crust on the other side, give potatoes a stir and continue to roast for another 45 minutes (total roasting time 2 hours and 15 minutes).
Serve with plenty of crusty bread to dip into the pan juices, a large, leafy salad, and lots and lots of red wine!
sensual_sloth 5m agoYummy
cathski 2y agoA wonderful dish, about to cook it yet again in our webber BBQ. Everyone loves it, a 'complete thumbs up. Please give us some more of your wonderful recipes.
kidcancook 3y agoAbout to cook this, where does the Dijon fit in? just for after?
Tspeaks 3y agoExcellent recipe, I enjoyed this very much!
JRowler 3y agoWonderful! The husband does approve!
Runoze2 3y agoI made this dish for our pot luck dinner and oh whar a winner it was. The juicies from the meat that are left from the backing dish are amazing!!!! Again, a winner!!!!!
Mistikaldarkhope 4y agoThis was my first time making lamb and I was very happy with how it turned out. I will be adding some extra vegetables next time. I will be making this again.
Nmichaud 5y agoVery good, not too complicated, would serve this to VIP guests !
ElGringo 5y agoExcellent recipe, first time i was cooking lamb, and it was a success... better than the restaurant.
astroh74 5y agoVery Good, I made this for our New Year's Dinner. This will Become a tradition in our house.