1) Wash lamb well and pat dry.
2) Finely chop 8 cloves of garlic and place in a glass dish or sturdy plastic bag large enough to hold the lamb.
3) Stir in 4 tsps each of oregano and rosemary, 1/4 cup of the oil, the wine, zest and lemon juice.
4) Place lamb in marinade, turning to coat well on all sides; cover and refrigerate overnight.
5) Crush remaining 6 cloves of garlic and stir together with remaining 2 tsps each oregano and rosemary.
6) Remove lamb from marinade (keep marinade) and pierce in several places with the tip of a sharp knife.
7) Rub garlic-herb-mustard mixture over lamb, pressing into incisions.
8) Coat with remaining 2 tbsp of oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
9) Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
10) Peel potatoes and cut into large wedges or like cottage fries (or if you are using small, new potatoes, leave them whole).
11) Toss in the marinade kept from the lamb and 2 additional tablespoons of olive oil and pour all of this mixture into your pan, around the lamb.
12) Roast, uncovered, in 190 degrees C (375 F) oven for 1 hours, turn lamb over to make a crust on the other side, give potatoes a stir and continue to roast for another 45 minutes (total roasting time 2 hours and 15 minutes).
Serve with plenty of crusty bread to dip into the pan juices, a large, leafy salad, and lots and lots of red wine!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (813g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 411 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 45.7g||61 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.7g||89 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.6g|
|Cholesterol 302.4mg||93 %|
|Sodium 287.6mg||10 %|
|Potassium 2823mg||74 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 72.4g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.4g||38 %|
|Sugars, other 63.1g|
|Protein 97.1g||139 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1143
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe