Ready in 45 minutes
Yummy english pea recipe that could be used as a side dish for pretty much anything!
1. Pour the frozen peas in a saucepan and cover with water. Heat on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the peas have cooked through. Drain and place in a medium sized bowl.
2. Combine the sugar in the mayo and mix well; set to the side.
3. Add the diced onions and the shredded cheese to the peas and toss well.
4. Pour the mayo and sugar combo on top of the pea, onion, and cheese mixture.
5. Top with the bacon bits and mix well until everything is evenly coated.
6. Place in the refrigerator and cool for 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Remove from fridge, stir well again, and enjoy!!
tracycorley 3m agoInitially used 3 cups peas, 1 1/2 c mayo and 1 1/2 T sugar and 1 cup cheese but had too much dressing for my taste so added another cup of peas. Still too much dressing IMHO but good flavor. Next time will keep sugar and cheese the same, use 4c peas and maybe 3/4 cup mayo.
pjgossett 1y agoCut back on the mayo.
Erin_850 2y agoGlad it still worked out for ya. We like ours with extra "dressing" so I tend to get a little carried away :) Whatever suits your taste tho...did you cut the sugar down also? @pjgossett
pjgossett 2y agoI used half the mayo and it was plenty.
marie0717 2y ago
SheldonKitchen 2y agoLove it! I make it as often as I can. Great for an easy quick lunch while on the go at work. Will definitely add the hard boiled eggs in my next batch.
Erin_850 2y agoI'm so glad y'all enjoyed it! I've thought about using canned peas but didn't know if doing so would make the salad taste funny. Its good to know you had no problem using them...I'll have to try it now-it's definitely easier :) Thanks for trying my recipe out!
lorieichstedt 2y agoI love this, and so did my boyfriend and daughter! I cook real bacon and cut it up, instead of using bacon bits. And, I used 2 cans of peas instead of frozen. It made a wonderful side dish at dinner. :-)
AntarcticCat 2y agoMy local deli makes this with green onions and adds diced water chestnuts for crunch. It is so simple and good.
Erin_850 3y agoMy family request this dish so much Im pretty positive I could prepare this blindfolded. I felt I needed to at least add something else to the ingredients to change it up a tiny bit. I simply added about 4 diced hard boiled eggs. It was amazing! I might have to come up with something else to add later because they ask for it even more now.