My Grilled Pears with Balsamic Ginger-Chocolate Sauce combines complex flavors – sweetness of pear, smokiness of grilling, savory tang of balsamic vinegar, and earthy richness of ginger and chocolate – into a simple, sweet treat.
1. Heat balsamic vinegar over medium-high until you reach a low boil. Continue to boil for approximately 15 minutes to reduce the vinegar and concentrate the flavors.
2. Remove from heat and allow the vinegar to cool slightly, for about 5 minutes, and then stir in chopped chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted, then set aside to cool.
3. Heat your grill or grill pan to high/medium-high … you want it to be fairly hot before you begin grilling.
4. Cut pears length-wise, down the middle, leaving on the stem. Brush each cut surface with olive oil and place the pears, flesh down, on the grill.
5. Allow the pears to cook for 5-7 minutes. Do not flip or move the pears or you’ll loose your gorgeous grill marks!
6. When done, plate the pears and drizzle with the balsamic-ginger chocolate sauce. Enjoy!