1. Heat balsamic vinegar over medium-high until you reach a low boil. Continue to boil for approximately 15 minutes to reduce the vinegar and concentrate the flavors.
2. Remove from heat and allow the vinegar to cool slightly, for about 5 minutes, and then stir in chopped chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted, then set aside to cool.
3. Heat your grill or grill pan to high/medium-high … you want it to be fairly hot before you begin grilling.
4. Cut pears length-wise, down the middle, leaving on the stem. Brush each cut surface with olive oil and place the pears, flesh down, on the grill.
5. Allow the pears to cook for 5-7 minutes. Do not flip or move the pears or you’ll loose your gorgeous grill marks!
6. When done, plate the pears and drizzle with the balsamic-ginger chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (257g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 50 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.5g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.8g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 1mg||0 %|
|Sodium 19.7mg||1 %|
|Potassium 363.6mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.9g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||26 %|
|Sugars, other 40.4g|
|Protein 1.7g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 244
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe