My Grilled Pears with Balsamic Ginger-Chocolate Sauce combines complex flavors – sweetness of pear, smokiness of grilling, savory tang of balsamic vinegar, and earthy richness of ginger and chocolate – into a simple, sweet treat.
1. Heat balsamic vinegar over medium-high until you reach a low boil. Continue to boil for approximately 15 minutes to reduce the vinegar and concentrate the flavors.
2. Remove from heat and allow the vinegar to cool slightly, for about 5 minutes, and then stir in chopped chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted, then set aside to cool.
3. Heat your grill or grill pan to high/medium-high … you want it to be fairly hot before you begin grilling.
4. Cut pears length-wise, down the middle, leaving on the stem. Brush each cut surface with olive oil and place the pears, flesh down, on the grill.
5. Allow the pears to cook for 5-7 minutes. Do not flip or move the pears or you’ll loose your gorgeous grill marks!
6. When done, plate the pears and drizzle with the balsamic-ginger chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe