This is a recipe that has circulated around my church in many different forms. This is my favorite version. Warning it is not a diet food. The buttery corn flakes add a nice texture to the dish.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine hash browns, 1/2 cup melted butter, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, minced onion, sharp cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Place mixture in a 3 quart casserole dish.
3. Bake covered in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
4. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute cornflakes in 1/4 cup melted butter.
5. Uncover casserole and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes making sure not to burn the corn flakes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (223g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 502 (82%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 55.8g||74 %|
|Saturated Fat 33.4g||167 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.7g|
|Cholesterol 147.1mg||45 %|
|Sodium 892.2mg||31 %|
|Potassium 229.9mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.3g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 15.5g|
|Protein 14.5g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 613
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.