Top-ranked recipe named "Healthy & Light Sour Cream Chicken"
Yum, the kids are sure to love it!
"I make something really similar but I'm a college student ... So I use canned white chicken breast mix it with soup and sour cream sprinkle a coat of poppy seeds then add the ritz cracker and butter topping with another coat of poppy seeds"- Princesskelley
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180?C / Gas mark 4).
2. Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with Olive Oil cooking spray.
3. Chop up the chicken into bite sized pieces trimming the excess fat and brown over medium heat in the olive oil. Add oregano, basil (if using for flavor), salt and pepper. Stir until chicken looks cooked through.
4. When the chicken is done, pour into your prepared pan and spread it out so that it's even.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the sour cream and the soup. Spoon this mixture over the chicken spreading it out to cover.
6. Place the crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush to fine crumbs. Spread the crackers over the chicken/soup mixture.
7. Spoon the melted butter over the crackers.
8. Bake until top is golden brown, approximately 20-30 minutes.
christeljanson 8 months agoI have made this 4 times now it is one of my go to recipes for a quick dinner that taste great reheated
Sadielain 1 year agoCooked this last night for my family, and it was a hit with my husband and two little girls. I also enjoyed it, but may experiment with the seasoning of the chicken a little bit next time. Will definitely make it again!
Chocolotto 2 years agoCan't go wrong with this, I do like the suggestions others made so will be keeping it for variations. Thanks bunches!
Kellonm2 3 years agoI used doritos instead of crackers. Very tasty otherwise
Crookedhat 3 years agoI added cream of broccoli and Italian bread crumbs and sharp cheddar to it, super yummy.
Princesskelley 3 years agoI make something really similar but I'm a college student ... So I use canned white chicken breast mix it with soup and sour cream sprinkle a coat of poppy seeds then add the ritz cracker and butter topping with another coat of poppy seeds
brettnleosmom 4 years agoThanks for the recipe! I substituted French Onion Dip for the sour cream and herbs and added fat-free cheddar to the top of the casserole. It was a big hit with my family!
Achilles7 4 years agoThis meal was great. I only cooked 2 chicken breast this time though and it was not enough. I will cook 3 or 4 next time.
cleverkt 6 years ago[I posted this recipe.]