1. Heat the oil in a large pot.
2. Add the onion, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, green chilies, jalapeno peppers, garbanzo beans, black beans, pinto beans, cumin and chili powder.
5. Bring contents to a slow boil, then simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes (adding some water if necessary).
6. Add the corn, zucchini and green bell pepper and cook for another 10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking.
7. Season with salt.
8. Serve with shredded Jack cheese, diced avocados or guacamole, sour cream, cilantro and scallions, if you like.
-For more protein, add veggie beef crumbles to the onions in the beginning.
-Delicious with homemade cornbread!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (38g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 13 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.4g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 292.6mg||10 %|
|Potassium 65.7mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.2g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 2.5g|
|Protein 0.5g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 26
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.