Top-ranked recipe named "Holiday Bundt Cake"
Adapted from Baking With Dorie (CulinApp, 2011)
"Love this cake! Moist, tasty, but not over sweet. Enjoy that it has the variety of fruits and nuts so feel good making it for my family. Even my 7 yr old loves it. Don't wait for the holidays! "
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees with a rack in the center. Butter a 9- to 10-inch (12-cup) Bundt pan.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ginger powder, if you’re using it instead of the grated ginger.
3. Working with a stand mixer, preferably fitted with a paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat together the remaining butter and both sugars at medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 or 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, and beat for 1 minute after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
4. Reduce the speed to low and add the pumpkin, apple and grated ginger, if using it. Don’t be concerned if the batter looks curdled. Add the dry ingredients, mixing only until they are incorporated. With a rubber spatula, stir in the cranberries and pecans. Scrape the batter into the pan and smooth the top.
5. Bake directly on the oven rack for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Transfer to a rack and cool for 10 minutes before unmolding, then cool to room temperature on the rack. Serve in thick slices.
Yield: 12 or more servings.
Note: For maple icing, sift 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar into a bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Add syrup little by little, until you have an icing that runs nicely off the tip of the spoon. Put the cooled cake on wax paper and drizzle the icing from the tip of the spoon over it. Let the icing set for a few minutes.
Note: Wrapped well, the cake will keep at room temperature for up to 5 days, at which point it’s good for toasting; or freeze for up to 2 months.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
tracycorley 1 year agoLove this cake! Moist, tasty, but not over sweet. Enjoy that it has the variety of fruits and nuts so feel good making it for my family. Even my 7 yr old loves it. Don't wait for the holidays!