Perfectly baked and soft dinner rolls for large parties or Holiday family gatherings. Just like your Mom used to make.
• Place the yeast in a small bowl with 1/3 c warm water and 1 tsp sugar
• beat eggs and set aside
• In large bowl add 1/2 c sugar, 5 T shortening and 1 c boiling water, stir until dissolved, then add 1 c cold water and wait till temp matches that of the yeast mixture
• once temp is matched add yeast mixture and begin to add flour gradually, mixing till soft and elastic
• knead and let rise 45 min in warm place
• knead again and let rise 45 min again in warm place
• roll out on floured board and cut with round cutter
• fold each and place on melted buttered cookie sheet
• let rolls rest and rise 45 minutes
• bake 400º for 12 minutes
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (82g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24|
|Calories from Fat: 29 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.2g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 36.2mg||11 %|
|Sodium 13.4mg||0 %|
|Potassium 80.7mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.6g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 45.9g|
|Protein 6.9g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 250
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.