• Place the yeast in a small bowl with 1/3 c warm water and 1 tsp sugar
• beat eggs and set aside
• In large bowl add 1/2 c sugar, 5 T shortening and 1 c boiling water, stir until dissolved, then add 1 c cold water and wait till temp matches that of the yeast mixture
• once temp is matched add yeast mixture and begin to add flour gradually, mixing till soft and elastic
• knead and let rise 45 min in warm place
• knead again and let rise 45 min again in warm place
• roll out on floured board and cut with round cutter
• fold each and place on melted buttered cookie sheet
• let rolls rest and rise 45 minutes
• bake 400º for 12 minutes
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (82g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24|
|Calories from Fat: 29 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.2g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 36.2mg||11 %|
|Sodium 13.4mg||0 %|
|Potassium 80.7mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.6g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 45.9g|
|Protein 6.9g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 250
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe