Ready in 50 minutes
This is an unhealthy, relatively easy, delicious method of making homemade flour tortillas. It was passed down to me from my mom. who knows where she learned.
1. Combine flour, salt & baking powder into a bowl.
2. Add Lard and mix until well combined (i use a stand mixer)
3. While mixing, slowly add the lukewarm milk.
4. Continue mixing until a the result is a nice smooth ball of dough (this is where the mixer comes in hand as it might take a while)
5. Divide the dough into about 12 pieces and make into balls
6. Cover these with a damp cloth and let sit for 30-45 minutes
7. Roll the balls into round tortillas (about 6" diameter)
8. Heat griddle or heavy pan to medium heat.
9. Cook tortillas until golden brown (they might puff up a bit)
deviouscharms 8m ago
Aimeelady 2y agoUnhealthy yes, plenty good very yes. Its just a good recipe but I think you mean 1/4 cup of lard not can because they did come out great that way. This made good tortillas that most everyone liked.
Markdaleson 3y agoI think 1/4 cup lard or shorting
BaronCorsair 4y agoDid u mean 1/4 can of lard or cup of lard?
JackMcFarland 4y agoAbsolutely wonderful!!!! :-)
aflores3 6y ago[I posted this recipe.]