Top-ranked recipe named "Homemade Flour Tortillas (unhealthy delicious method)"
This is an unhealthy, relatively easy, delicious method of making homemade flour tortillas. It was passed down to me from my mom. who knows where she learned.
"Unhealthy yes, plenty good very yes. Its just a good recipe but I think you mean 1/4 cup of lard not can because they did come out great that way. This made good tortillas that most everyone liked."
1. Combine flour, salt & baking powder into a bowl.
2. Add Lard and mix until well combined (i use a stand mixer)
3. While mixing, slowly add the lukewarm milk.
4. Continue mixing until a the result is a nice smooth ball of dough (this is where the mixer comes in hand as it might take a while)
5. Divide the dough into about 12 pieces and make into balls
6. Cover these with a damp cloth and let sit for 30-45 minutes
7. Roll the balls into round tortillas (about 6" diameter)
8. Heat griddle or heavy pan to medium heat.
9. Cook tortillas until golden brown (they might puff up a bit)
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
deviouscharms 1 month ago
Aimeelady 2 years agoUnhealthy yes, plenty good very yes. Its just a good recipe but I think you mean 1/4 cup of lard not can because they did come out great that way. This made good tortillas that most everyone liked.
Markdaleson 3 years agoI think 1/4 cup lard or shorting
BaronCorsair 3 years agoDid u mean 1/4 can of lard or cup of lard?
JackMcFarland 3 years agoAbsolutely wonderful!!!! :-)
aflores3 6 years ago[I posted this recipe.]