This is an unhealthy, relatively easy, delicious method of making homemade flour tortillas. It was passed down to me from my mom. who knows where she learned.
1. Combine flour, salt & baking powder into a bowl.
2. Add Lard and mix until well combined (i use a stand mixer)
3. While mixing, slowly add the lukewarm milk.
4. Continue mixing until a the result is a nice smooth ball of dough (this is where the mixer comes in hand as it might take a while)
5. Divide the dough into about 12 pieces and make into balls
6. Cover these with a damp cloth and let sit for 30-45 minutes
7. Roll the balls into round tortillas (about 6" diameter)
8. Heat griddle or heavy pan to medium heat.
9. Cook tortillas until golden brown (they might puff up a bit)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (68g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 12 (8%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.3g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 3mg||1 %|
|Sodium 28.2mg||1 %|
|Potassium 85.2mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 30g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 29g|
|Protein 4.8g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 154
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.