The greatest thing about this recipe is you use what ever you have on hand, be creative!
* Cook pasta and drain. Add eggs and Parmesan cheese. Press onto bottom and sides of a greased (very) large deep dish pie plate. (You can also use a casserole dish, 2 quarts or bigger works well)
* Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
* In a skillet, cook the beef, onion, and green pepper. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasonings. (Use seasonings according to taste; I like to heat it up with some chipotle powder as well)
* Bring meat sauce to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Between two pieces of wax paper, roll out the cream cheese into a 7 inch circle, or just slightly smaller than the pie dish. (Skip this, instead soften the cream cheese by zapping it in the microwave for 30 seconds and use a spatula to spread it over the baked pasta) Place in crust. Top with spinach and meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
* Bake at 350 for 20 – 30 minutes, or until set.
* Notes: This recipe can easily be doubled. It is also good with alfredo sauce and chicken instead of tomato sauce and beef.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (279g)|
|Recipe Makes: 7|
|Calories from Fat: 267 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29.7g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.9g||69 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 233.2mg||72 %|
|Sodium 627.8mg||22 %|
|Potassium 763.1mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.7g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 23.1g|
|Protein 28.2g||40 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 484
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.