* Cook pasta and drain. Add eggs and Parmesan cheese. Press onto bottom and sides of a greased (very) large deep dish pie plate. (You can also use a casserole dish, 2 quarts or bigger works well)
* Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
* In a skillet, cook the beef, onion, and green pepper. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasonings. (Use seasonings according to taste; I like to heat it up with some chipotle powder as well)
* Bring meat sauce to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Between two pieces of wax paper, roll out the cream cheese into a 7 inch circle, or just slightly smaller than the pie dish. (Skip this, instead soften the cream cheese by zapping it in the microwave for 30 seconds and use a spatula to spread it over the baked pasta) Place in crust. Top with spinach and meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
* Bake at 350 for 20 – 30 minutes, or until set.
* Notes: This recipe can easily be doubled. It is also good with alfredo sauce and chicken instead of tomato sauce and beef.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (279g)|
|Recipe Makes: 7|
|Calories from Fat: 267 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29.7g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.9g||69 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 233.2mg||72 %|
|Sodium 627.8mg||22 %|
|Potassium 763.1mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.7g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 23.1g|
|Protein 28.2g||40 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 484
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
AuntGinGreat recipe! I used kale and skipped the meat, added a habanero. Oh, geez, it was perfect! I didn't bake it, but ate it from the skillet. Tomorrow I will use some hash browns to make a crust and bake it off. Comfort food? Uh, call this one beyond versatile! What a winner!2m ago
Duster77This is a very creamy, tasty, easy to make Spaghetti Pie, I've made and the family loved it! Keeper! Thanks for sharing it.11m ago
TesalonikaBest recipe ever! My Mom not just like it, but love it!2y ago
nlhorneAbsolutely LOVED this!!!! Even my son raved about it and he's not big on eating spaghetti.2y ago
Valerie411Love this recipe!! My goddaughter couldn't stop saying how much she loved it and that her mom has to get the recipe! Moving this one to the favorites!3y ago
spaigeVery good! I added the spinach to the hamburger mixture, didn't want my picky son to see it. He loved it and we did to! Thanks for posting it.3y ago
lisaanndreismeierFabulous everyone loved it. Did not change a thing with it just tripled amount. Crust was amazing and the cream cheese gave it a velvety smooth creamy texture. .....yummy yum3y ago
JCLynnThis was really good my husband and his brother loved it ! Also my picky six year old cleaned his plate which hardly ever happens . They all said they'd love for me to cook this again ! : ) thanks for sharing3y ago