* Cook pasta and drain. Add eggs and Parmesan cheese. Press onto bottom and sides of a greased (very) large deep dish pie plate. (You can also use a casserole dish, 2 quarts or bigger works well)
* Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
* In a skillet, cook the beef, onion, and green pepper. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasonings. (Use seasonings according to taste; I like to heat it up with some chipotle powder as well)
* Bring meat sauce to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Between two pieces of wax paper, roll out the cream cheese into a 7 inch circle, or just slightly smaller than the pie dish. (Skip this, instead soften the cream cheese by zapping it in the microwave for 30 seconds and use a spatula to spread it over the baked pasta) Place in crust. Top with spinach and meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
* Bake at 350 for 20 – 30 minutes, or until set.
* Notes: This recipe can easily be doubled. It is also good with alfredo sauce and chicken instead of tomato sauce and beef.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (279g)|
|Recipe Makes: 7|
|Calories from Fat: 267 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29.7g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.9g||69 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 233.2mg||72 %|
|Sodium 627.8mg||22 %|
|Potassium 763.1mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.7g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 23.1g|
|Protein 28.2g||40 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 484
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe