1) first mix the marinate, score the chicken skin to allow the marinate to soak in, dip the chicken in the marinate and refrigerate for minimum of 20 minutes. Also preheat oven to 200c
2) mince the garlic and combine the sauce items in a pan or pot
3) cook the sauce till boiling, mix the 2 teaspoons of corn flour with 1 tablespoon of cold water in a glass and keep to one side, once the sauce is boiling lower to a simmer and add the corn flour, keep warm and stir till thick, do not let the mixture cool completely keep on a very low heat.
4) Remove the chicken from the fridge and lay on an oven tray, use foil to make pockets to hold the chicken and keep the juice locked in, baste the chicken with the sauce and roast, reapply the sauce periodically till cooked 170c, allow 30-40 mins cooking time, depends on size of chicken and heat cooked on.
5) Serve with rice, noodles or cous cous, is great in salad too.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (352g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2|
|Calories from Fat: 184 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.5g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.7g||29 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.5g|
|Cholesterol 138.6mg||43 %|
|Sodium 1290.3mg||44 %|
|Potassium 427mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 89g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 88.7g|
|Protein 33.4g||48 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 689
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe