try this refreshingly spicy shrimp curry...accompany it with long grain white rice and enjoy the heat and freshness!
1. Cook chilies, curry leaves, garlic, and ginger in oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until very fragrant and chilies are just softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add spices, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Add mustard seeds.
3. Cook, stirring, until mustard seeds just begin to pop, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes and coconut, then cook, covered, until tomatoes are softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
6. Add shrimp and cook, uncovered, stirring, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (134g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 165 (83%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.3g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.6g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.1g|
|Cholesterol 3.5mg||1 %|
|Sodium 12.3mg||0 %|
|Potassium 303.8mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.4g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 5.6g|
|Protein 2.2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 199
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.