1. Cook chilies, curry leaves, garlic, and ginger in oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until very fragrant and chilies are just softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add spices, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Add mustard seeds.
3. Cook, stirring, until mustard seeds just begin to pop, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes and coconut, then cook, covered, until tomatoes are softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
6. Add shrimp and cook, uncovered, stirring, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (134g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 165 (83%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.3g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.6g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.1g|
|Cholesterol 3.5mg||1 %|
|Sodium 12.3mg||0 %|
|Potassium 303.8mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.4g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 5.6g|
|Protein 2.2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 199
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe