Ready in 1h
good spicy mac and cheese
"After having this dish at Famous Dave's my husband wanted me to find a recipe to make at home. I thought this was great! Hubby wants me to try using velveeta next time in place of the cream cheese but I thought it had a nice creamy texture. Thanks!"
- Preheat oven to 350
- undercook pasta by a minute or 2
- Melt butter and Cream Cheese in a saucepan until smooth
- Whisk in heavy cream, then add jalapeno juice until incorparted
- Mix in Cheese stir until melted
- Mix in Jalapeno's, salt, Cajan seasoning, and flour until completely mixed
- Grease a 9x13 casserole dish
- Layer 1/2 the noodles and cheese sauce
- Top with rest of noodles and sauce
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 min.
- Uncover and bake for 20-30 min. until top is golden brown
adjust spice by putting more or less of the jalapeno juice