Top-ranked recipe named "Jalapenos stuffed w/ crab and smoked cheddar, wrapped in bacon"
Jalapeno peppers stuffed w/ crab and smoked cheddar, and wrapped in bacon
"Really good!! Not hard to make at all, used a oyster shucker to clean out the jalapeños. Didn't really taste the crab too much but overall really yummy!! It gave me a few ideas to oomph them up next time!! Thanks again!!"- Shanniebaby77
1. Cut tops off of peppers. Hollow out peppers - I use a crab pick under running water and that works really well. If you don't have a crab pick, you can try any manner of thin knives or small spoons.
2. Grate cheese and put into a small bowl. Drain the canned crab very well. Mix the crab with the cheese - there should be an even mixture of crab and cheese.
3. Using your fingers and, if necessary, the blunt end of a chop stick, stuff the crab and cheese mixture into the peppers.
4. Wrap each pepper with a strip of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
5. Bake peppers on a rack that has been set in a pan, so the bacon grease can drip into the pan. Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes, or until bacon is fully cooked.
yvonne1965 1 year agoI will be trying this soon.
SonyaN 1 year agoWe made these last year (2012) for the Super Bowl. Liked them so well, they are on the menu for Super Bowl 2013.
Trissa 1 year agoOther than using canned lump crab meat I prepared it exactly according to the recipe--it turned out great. It recieved great reviews from my guest!
amandageorgepelts 2 years agoPretty good! If you live jalapenos, you will live these! We used the HOT jalapenos and they were awesome!
Shanniebaby77 3 years agoReally good!! Not hard to make at all, used a oyster shucker to clean out the jalapeños. Didn't really taste the crab too much but overall really yummy!! It gave me a few ideas to oomph them up next time!! Thanks again!!
jeffmeucci 3 years agoThese were awesome! Store didn't have smoked cheddar, so we used smoked provolone instead.
Love7721 3 years agoHoly crap this sounds good!! Can't wait to try
arbpen 3 years agoYes, this does sound really good. I'll be making these for Memorial Day for sure. Thanks for posting.