1. Cut tops off of peppers. Hollow out peppers - I use a crab pick under running water and that works really well. If you don't have a crab pick, you can try any manner of thin knives or small spoons.
2. Grate cheese and put into a small bowl. Drain the canned crab very well. Mix the crab with the cheese - there should be an even mixture of crab and cheese.
3. Using your fingers and, if necessary, the blunt end of a chop stick, stuff the crab and cheese mixture into the peppers.
4. Wrap each pepper with a strip of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
5. Bake peppers on a rack that has been set in a pan, so the bacon grease can drip into the pan. Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes, or until bacon is fully cooked.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (68g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 145 (78%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.2g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.3g||31 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 41.8mg||13 %|
|Sodium 342.2mg||12 %|
|Potassium 151.3mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 0.7g|
|Protein 8.7g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 186
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe