1. Place milk, cream, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
2. Add coconut and stir together until completely incorporated
3. Place in a greased pie pan. Cook at 350? for 40-45 minutes
1. In saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until melted
2. Add brown sugar and mix together until sugar dissolves
3. Add rum and cook for 1 minute on medium heat
Toast some additional coconut under broiler. Place a few tablespoons of warm rum sauce on the bottom of a serving plate. Place warm pie on top of sauce, top with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
Caution: the rum sauce will ignite when you pour in the rum, stand back and make sure nothing flammable is close.
Best if you can cook this in a deep dish pan if possible. You would have to 1 1/2 times the recipe and cook about 20 minutes longer.
So easy to make and fabulous!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (521g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 642 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 71.3g||95 %|
|Saturated Fat 39.5g||197 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5g|
|Cholesterol 1167.1mg||359 %|
|Sodium 681.8mg||24 %|
|Potassium 591.5mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 149.4g||44 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 146.2g|
|Protein 34.8g||50 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1442
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.