1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Warm the milk and apple juice in saucepan. Beat egg and egg whites in bowl; add 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon; add bread, warm milk, and juice.
3) Let mixture sit 20 minutes.
4) Grease the bread pan with 1/2 of the margarine. Layer the bottom of the pan with 1/3 of the mixture; sprinkle with 1/2 of the raisins, repeat procedure for next layer, then end with bread mixture on top layer.
5) In frying pan melt remaining margarine; add fresh bread crumbs until golden; add brown sugar, then sprinkle the mixture over layered bread pudding.
6) Place bread pan into larger pan, which contains enough hot water to come half way up the side of the bread pan. Bake until knife inserted into pudding comes out clean (approximately 45 to 60 minutes).
Remove from oven, cool, then refrigerate.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (322g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 64 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.1g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 31.2mg||10 %|
|Sodium 911.5mg||31 %|
|Potassium 521.2mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 80g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 76.7g|
|Protein 22.4g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 472
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe