German doughnuts - fun to make with the whole family. Instead of dipping in sugar, try cinnamon sugar or filling top of doughnut with jelly.
1. Make a little well in flour.
2. Sprinkle in yeast
3. Add warm milk and sugar to make muddy mixture in well.
4. Let rise for 30 minutes.
5. Combine all ingredients (except 1 cup sugar) and let rise 1 hour
6. Melt shortening in small pot.
7. Form doughnuts by making small disks with the centers thinner than the edges
8. Carefully place doughnuts in oil, flipping when first side is browned.
9. Remove to paper towel when second side is browned.
10. Place on sugar and flip to coat.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 recipe (913g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 440 (13%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 48.9g||65 %|
|Saturated Fat 30.1g||150 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 126.4mg||39 %|
|Sodium 357.4mg||12 %|
|Potassium 428.8mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 757.9g||223 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 752.2g|
|Protein 20.8g||30 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3472
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.