1. I always inject my turkey with a mixture of butter, honey, and lemon. a good mix is 1c. butter, 1 c. honey, 1/3 c. lemon - adjust for sweeter or more citrus flavor; above measurements are for a large turkey. (>20 lbs.)
2. Solve the problem of dry stuffing by using both the cavity of the bird and stuffing in between the breast and skin. This is not difficult - put your hand between the skin and meat and gently form a pocket. The skin will remained attached at the center line of the bird. The new cavity above either breast will hold a lot of stuffing, at least doubling the amount you can cook with the bird. This will also make the breast meat very moist and well seasoned.
3. Use fresh herbs in your stuffing! There is no substitute for fresh rosemary, sage and thyme.
4. Use a 1:1 mixture of chardonnay and chicken stock in for liquid in your stuffing, along with butter.
5. Consider granny smith apples, sausage, oninon, and celery for additions to your stuffing. I prefer cubed style bread.
6. When making gravy, always add flour to your drippings and brown the flour mixture first, only after this is thickened should you add chicken broth. Also, consider adding cream of mushroom soup to make the gravy stretch.
Please let me know what you think!!!! I appreciate your input.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.