1. Chop the rosemary finely with an Azumagata. Salt the lamb chops with fleur de sel and press into chopped rosemary.
2. Heat the olive oil to 10 on induction, and fry the fat on the edges of the lamb chops first.
3. Stick a thermometer in the thickest piece of lamb.
4. Fry for about 3 minutes on an 8, then turn (probably as the temperature climbs above 30?C)
5. Fry for about 3 minutes on the other side until the desired centre temperature is reached (60?C for Emily Strange)
5b. If the chops are thick, fry on each side turning every minute (induction level 9-10) until a total of 10 minutes are done.
6. Place the lambs on a pre-warmed plate and put aside in an oven at 45?C or so.
7. Fry the chopped Shallots until browned a bit.
8. Add balsamic vinegar and de-glaze. Then add chicken stock (or lamb stock).
9. Throw in Thermomix and run at 100?C / Speed 3 / No Cover until reduced by 50% - about 5 minutes.
9b. Or alternatively, place in the Kenwood and reduce as it does a faster job.
10. Turn heat off, and whizz in butter at speed 6.
11. Strain and serve sauce over the lambs.
Mathias's version of Lamb Chops. Without dicking around with CousCous. Why would you do that? Unless you had no bloody taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (207g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 127 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.1g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.1g||36 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 73.5mg||23 %|
|Sodium 181.5mg||6 %|
|Potassium 425.4mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.6g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 10.1g|
|Protein 19.4g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 259
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe