Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Oven Temp: 475F / 250C / Gas mark 9
1. Dry the lamb fillet with kitchen paper. Rub the garlic over the meat and season to taste. Set aside.
2. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Season with salt, then add peas and cook until tender (8 minutes from frozen). Drain well. Reserve a few of the whole peas, then puree the remaining peas in a food processor until smooth. Season to taste with (2-3 tablespoons) olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Fold in the whole peas.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan and brown the lamb fillet on all sides. Wrap in tin foil and roast for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated oven until done to your liking, then remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
4. Add the stock and 1 tablespoon balsalmic vinegar to the frying pan and heat. Simmer uncovered until reduced by half, then remove from the heat.
5. While sauce is reducing, fry the bacon until crisp in a dry frying pan. Mix 1/3 cup olive oil. Mix olive oil with the thyme leaves and 4 tablespoon balsalmic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Serve the puree topped with the sliced lamb fillet and bacon. Drizzle with the balsalmic reduction and garnish with sprigs of thyme.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (516g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 796 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 88.5g||118 %|
|Saturated Fat 36.3g||182 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 37.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.7g|
|Cholesterol 515.2mg||159 %|
|Sodium 889.9mg||31 %|
|Potassium 1207.6mg||32 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.2g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 10.6g|
|Protein 46.3g||66 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1044
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe