Top-ranked recipe named "Lemon and Mascarpone Mousse in Phyllo"
The constrasting textures of the mousse with the crispness of the phylo cup make a heavenly dessert.
1. In medium saucepan over low heat, melt cup of the butter. Stir in sugar and lemon juice; cook, stirring frequently and without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
2. Whisk eggs. Add lemon jixture and stir until well blended and smooth. Return to saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 15 minutes or until thic enough to coat back of wooden spoon.
3. Pass mixture through sieve into stainless steel or glass bowl. Prepare ice water bath in second bowl. Place bowl of lemon custard in ice water bath and let cool completely.
4. Meawhile, wisk 3 tbsp of the cream with mascarpone cheese. In separate bowl, whip remaining cream and set aside in refridgerator. Fold mascarpone cheese into chilled custard until incorporated. Fold in whipped cream. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Fill phyllo cups with lemon mascarpone mousse.
-------------- Phyllo Patry Cups ---------------
1. Melt butter. Cut 3 sheets phyllo pastry evenly into 4 to make 12 rectangles. Cover with damp towel to prevent drying out.
2. Arrange 3 single sheets of phyllo on work surface and brush each with butter. Top each with 2 more sheets, brushing each layer with butter. Place in muffin cups or other cup form. Repeat to make 4 more cups. Bake in 350F oven for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with icing sugar. (Can be stored, uncovered, at room temperature for up to one day.)
Chef's tip: Serve phyllo cups alone or with fruit puree for colour on the plate. Can garnish with mint leaves. Wine suggestion - 2000 Chateau des Charmes Late Harvest Riesling.
blueskier 8 years agoChef's tip: Serve phyllo cups alone or with fruit puree for colour on the plate. Can garnish with mint leaves. Wine suggestion - 2000 Chateau des Charmes Late Harvest Riesling. [I posted this recipe.]