Ready in 45 minutes
This is a great summer/spring time treat with only 178 calories per serving!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. And grease liberally your bundt pan, it can very easily get stuck if you just forget one spot.
2. Beat together the sugar, butter, egg, and egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well blended. Then add the milk and vanilla, again mix until well blended.
3. Add flour. poppy seeds, lemon or orange peel, lemon juice, baking powder, and salt. Beat until smooth, this may take about 2 minutes.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cake rest 5-10 minutes before gently loosening cake from pan and turn over onto wire rack. Let cool completely.
1. In a small bowl mix together the milk, vanilla, and lemon juice.
2. With electric mixer add the powdered sugar and beat to combine.
peounderpar 5y agoMade this for my wife's birthday and she liked it very much. Yes don't forget the baking powder. I made it in a angel food pan and it came out quite short. Would love to try in a real bundt pan next time. Had to cook for 10 minutes longer than indicated.
Jstomp47 6y agoI have a question if anyone can help. I recently bought a mini bundt pan.. it makes 12 mini Bundts. If I wanted to try this recipie is there anything I should change???
hutchj 6y agoOk, I made the recipe with 1 tsp baking powder and watered down the glaze with milk. I had problems with the cake sticking to the bundt pan even after I sprayed it generously. Very tasty!!
hutchj 6y agoHelp!! Does this need baking powder? It's listed in the instructions but not in the ingredients list??
icanrun 7y agoIf you prefer your glaze to be more runny add more milk until it gets to the consistency of your liking. [I posted this recipe.]