1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. And grease liberally your bundt pan, it can very easily get stuck if you just forget one spot.
2. Beat together the sugar, butter, egg, and egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well blended. Then add the milk and vanilla, again mix until well blended.
3. Add flour. poppy seeds, lemon or orange peel, lemon juice, baking powder, and salt. Beat until smooth, this may take about 2 minutes.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let cake rest 5-10 minutes before gently loosening cake from pan and turn over onto wire rack. Let cool completely.
1. In a small bowl mix together the milk, vanilla, and lemon juice.
2. With electric mixer add the powdered sugar and beat to combine.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (72g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16|
|Calories from Fat: 60 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.7g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 26.9mg||8 %|
|Sodium 59.5mg||2 %|
|Potassium 47.3mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 54.4g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 53.7g|
|Protein 3.1g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 287
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.