1. In clean dry medium bowl, using clean dry beaters, whip egg whites until they hold firm peaks, and set aside.
2. In another medium bowl, beat ricotta, butter, yolks and vanilla until well-blended, and set aside.
3. In small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, zest and salt. Using rubber spatula, stir dry ingredients into ricotta mixture. Spoon small amount of egg whites into batter and mix with spatula. Gently fold in remainder of whites.
4. If necessary, lightly butter, oil, or spray griddle. If using electric griddle, set to 350F. Preheat oven to 200F if you want to keep pancakes warm.
5. Spoon 3 tbsp of batter onto griddle for each pancake. When undersides of pancakes are golden and tops show a bubble or two, carefully flip. The first sides of pancakes need to cook and set a little longer than other recipes or they will be hard to flip. Cook until other sides are brown. Serve or keep warm.
"Feathery light, eggy and lemony, reminiscent of a souffle. Dust with icing sugar and garnish with fruit."
Contributor: Toronto Sun, Feb 18/98 (Pancakes, From Morning to Midnight) Posted to RecipeLu 3/19/98 by Cathleen
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (455g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 684 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 76g||101 %|
|Saturated Fat 43g||215 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 22g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.4g|
|Cholesterol 813.8mg||250 %|
|Sodium 448.2mg||15 %|
|Potassium 498.7mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 58.5g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 56.9g|
|Protein 44.3g||63 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1091
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe