1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt. With a pastry blender or a large fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Blend sour cream and lemon juice into crumb mixture.
4. Divide dough in half.
5. Stir white chocolate chips into one half and blueberries into the other half.
6. Turn out dough on a floured surface. Pat or roll into an 8" circle about 1/2" thick. Place on baking sheet. With a knife or spatula cut dough into 1/8ths.
7. Whisk egg and paint on top of dough with pastry brush. Sprinkle tops with True Lemon and raw sugar.
8. Allow dough rounds to rest at least 10 minutes.
9. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Move to wire racks to cool.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (49g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 52 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.8g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 11.9mg||4 %|
|Sodium 813.1mg||28 %|
|Potassium 45.7mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.9g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 19.1g|
|Protein 1.9g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 132
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
scoobanatYummy recipe!2y ago
worldtraveler89Made these just tonight with dried cranberries and white chocolate together, so good! Really the perfect texture!4y ago
sgrishkaExcellent recipe! We followed it as written and were quite pleased with the results. The scones were crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside, not too sweet and the sour cream added just the right tinge of tang to make them totally scrumptious! We only made the lemon-blueberry combination but the recipe lends itself very easily to modifications and different flavorings. We are looking forward to trying other variations.5y ago
LosheboI get great reviews from everyone about these scones. Of course, everyone has their own preferences as far as scones goes....I posted this recipe.5y ago