I make a variety of scone flavors, the lemon combinations seem to be the most popular. I usually split my dough so that I can have two varieties out of one batch of dough. This recipe uses lemon and white chocolate chips and lemon and blueberry.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt. With a pastry blender or a large fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Blend sour cream and lemon juice into crumb mixture.
4. Divide dough in half.
5. Stir white chocolate chips into one half and blueberries into the other half.
6. Turn out dough on a floured surface. Pat or roll into an 8" circle about 1/2" thick. Place on baking sheet. With a knife or spatula cut dough into 1/8ths.
7. Whisk egg and paint on top of dough with pastry brush. Sprinkle tops with True Lemon and raw sugar.
8. Allow dough rounds to rest at least 10 minutes.
9. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Move to wire racks to cool.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (49g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 52 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.8g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 11.9mg||4 %|
|Sodium 813.1mg||28 %|
|Potassium 45.7mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.9g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 19.1g|
|Protein 1.9g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 132
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.