1. To prepare shrimp, combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally. Remove shrimp from bag; discard marinade.
2. To prepare sauce, combine the lime juice and next 5 ingredients (through chiles), stirring with whisk until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
3. To prepare shallot oil, heat 1/4 cup oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook 5 minutes or until golden brown. Strain the shallot mixture through a sieve over a bowl. Reserve oil. Set fried shallots aside.
4. To prepare remaining ingredients, place rice vermicilli in a large bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand 20 minutes. Drain. Combine the noodles, shallot oil, 1 3/4 cups lettuce, 1 cup sprouts, 1 cup carrot, and 3/4 cup cucumber, tossing well.
5. To cook shrimp, prepare the grill to medium-heat,
6. Place shrimp on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Place 3/4 cup noodle mixture in each of 8 bowls; top each serving with 4 shrimp, about 3 tablespoons fried shallots. Serve with remaining lettuce, bean sprouts, carrot, cucumber, mint, and peanuts.
You can substitute pork tenderloin, beef sirloin, or chicken for the shrimp. Simply cut the meat into cubes, marinate for 2 hours, then skewer and grill until done.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (333g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 123 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.7g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.6g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.2g|
|Cholesterol 42.6mg||13 %|
|Sodium 1703.1mg||59 %|
|Potassium 650.1mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 97.3g||29 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 91.8g|
|Protein 12.9g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 541
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe