Ready in 2 hours
Freeze what you don't use. Legendary winter warmer.
1. Put vegetable stock, red lentils, salt, pepper, onion and garlic in a large soup pot and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover.
2. Add carrot, green beans, leek, celery, capsicum, spinach, tomato then mushrooms to the pot as each is chopped. Add tomato paste. Keep pot covered and stir every 10 or so minutes until lentils have broken down.
3. Add corn kernels and simmer for 60 to 90 minutes. If the soup begins to dry out, add water.
4. Add parsley, oregano and basil then simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. Turn off stove, leave pot covered until cooled then refrigerate overnight (if you can wait that long). Re-heat to serve and add shaved Parmesan as a garnish.
stopsatgreen 4y agoLovely combination of flavours, but I don't think it needs all of the shown cooking time; I simmered it for about 40 mins and the vegetables were already going a little too soft. Will definitely cook this again.
mrobilliard 7y agoAdd your favourite pasta or noodles for a bulkier dish. Some chilli added will warm the bones in winter. [I posted this recipe.]