1. Melt butter in double-boiler over low to medium heat.
2. Remove and stir in flour. Return to heat and bubble for 2-3 minutes. Add salt, nutmeg, paprika, cayenne.
3. Stir in cream - let thicken.
4. Stir 2-3 Tb of this into the egg yolks. Then add egg yolk mixture gradually to cream mixture.
5. Add lobster, wine and lemon juice. Cook slowly till thickened.
6. Serve into pastry shells, or over rice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (620g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 534 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 59.4g||79 %|
|Saturated Fat 28.2g||141 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.1g|
|Cholesterol 1777.8mg||547 %|
|Sodium 1480.3mg||51 %|
|Potassium 1419mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.8g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 11.2g|
|Protein 102.5g||146 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1006
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.