This is great shrimp, messy, but good! Stir the sauce frequently while serving, since it separates easily. We eat this by peeling the shrimps at the table and stirring them into the sauce and don't forget the French bread, it's great dipped into the sauce. This recipe just serves two, if you want to serve it to more than that, it's suggested you do so in separate batches. Recipe is from Chef Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen.
1. Rinse the shrimp in cold water and drain well, set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine the seasoning mix ingredients (red pepper through oregano leaves).
3. Combine 1 stick of the butter, the garlic, Worcestershire and seasoning mix in a large skillet over high heat.
4. When the butter is melted, add the shrimp; cook for 2 minutes, shaking the pan (versus stirring) in a back-and-forth motion.
5. Add the remaining 5 tablespoons butter and the stock; cook and shake pan for 2 minutes.
6. Add the beer and cook and shake the pan 1 minute longer and remove from heat.
7. Serve immediately in bowls with lots of French bread on the side, or on a platter with cooked rice mounded in the middle and the shrimp and sauce surrounding it.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (203g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 690 (90%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 76.6g||102 %|
|Saturated Fat 47.7g||239 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.6g|
|Cholesterol 307.7mg||95 %|
|Sodium 467.7mg||16 %|
|Potassium 263.5mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 4.1g|
|Protein 16.1g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 767
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe