Top-ranked recipe named "Low Carb Broccoli and Cheese Soup"
Great for rainy or cold days. Quick to make and the kids love it. I make this for my daughter who is vegetarian and it is one of her favorites.
1. Heat a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the pan. Add onion and garlic, and Oregano and saute 3 minutes or until tender.
2. Add flour to broth and whisk it. Add flour broth mixture and broccoli to the pan.
3. Bring broccoli mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cook 10 minutes or until florets are soft. If you use more than just the florets; ie broccoli stems, you may have to cook longer.
4. Stir in pepper. Remove from the heat
5. Either use a handheld stick blender and blend randomly right in the pan or place one third of soup in blender or food processor, process until smooth. Return pureed soup to pan.
6. Add cream and grated cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
Acdana 3 years agoif use broccoli stems, be sure to cook a little longer to avoid crunch bits. Add salt to taste at the end because different broths and cheeses are saltier than others. [I posted this recipe.]