Top-ranked recipe named "Mac-n-Cheese with Asparagus and Tomato"
- Mix all topping ingredients and preheat broiler set with top-middle rack
- Bring water to boil for pasta in a large sauce pan add 1 t. salt to water
- add asparagus and pasta and cook until pasta is still just shy of aldente
- drain in colander and set aside
- While pasta is cooking heat a dutch oven on med heat, add bacon and cook till crispy
- remove bacon to paper towel on plate
- remove all but 1T grease.
- Add onion to pan and cook till tender about 5 min
- Add butter and stir till foamy
- Wisk in flour and continue to stir until golden brown
- gradually wisk in evaporated milk and broth
- bring to boil over med-high heat
- simmer for 5 min or till thickened stirring constantly
- Stir in cheese and 1/2t salt and pepper
- remove from heat wisk in egg yokes
- return pasta, asparagus bacon, tomato and chives to pot
- stir and transfer into a broiler safe casserole dish
- sprinkle with topping and broil until browned 3-5 min
There are no reviews yet for Mac-n-Cheese with Asparagus and Tomato. Be the first to review it!
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!