- Mix all topping ingredients and preheat broiler set with top-middle rack
- Bring water to boil for pasta in a large sauce pan add 1 t. salt to water
- add asparagus and pasta and cook until pasta is still just shy of aldente
- drain in colander and set aside
- While pasta is cooking heat a dutch oven on med heat, add bacon and cook till crispy
- remove bacon to paper towel on plate
- remove all but 1T grease.
- Add onion to pan and cook till tender about 5 min
- Add butter and stir till foamy
- Wisk in flour and continue to stir until golden brown
- gradually wisk in evaporated milk and broth
- bring to boil over med-high heat
- simmer for 5 min or till thickened stirring constantly
- Stir in cheese and 1/2t salt and pepper
- remove from heat wisk in egg yokes
- return pasta, asparagus bacon, tomato and chives to pot
- stir and transfer into a broiler safe casserole dish
- sprinkle with topping and broil until browned 3-5 min
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (529g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 668 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 74.3g||99 %|
|Saturated Fat 33.6g||168 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 26.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.7g|
|Cholesterol 978.5mg||301 %|
|Sodium 2951mg||102 %|
|Potassium 854.7mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 104.7g||31 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||25 %|
|Sugars, other 98.4g|
|Protein 48.3g||69 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1279
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe