1. Combine rice, southwest seasoning and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until tender.
3. Remove from heat, and cool.
4. Place black beans and pinto beans into a colander or strainer, and rinse.
5. Add corn, onion, spices and salsa, and toss to mix.
6. Transfer to a large bowl, and mix in rice and cheese.
7. Divide the mixture evenly among the tortillas, and roll up.
8. Freeze wraps in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet.
9. When fully frozen, wrap individually; place wraps in large zip-top freezer bags; freeze.
10. TO SERVE: Unwrap wraps (that even sounds funny to me) from foil or plastic wrap that you used for freezing.
11. Wrap in a paper towel.
12. Cook in microwave until heated through (about 2 minutes).
13. Or thaw wrap (remove plastic wrap if used in freezing), put foil, and bake at 350F for ten minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (257g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16|
|Calories from Fat: 53 (16%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.9g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 13.7mg||4 %|
|Sodium 192.3mg||7 %|
|Potassium 750.9mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 53.2g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 15.2g||61 %|
|Sugars, other 38.1g|
|Protein 19.3g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 335
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe