Preheat the Broiler to Low.
1) Break up the potato bread into small pieces. Try to only have minimal pieces of the crust from each piece.
2) Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the beaten eggs for flavor.
3) Combine mayo, parsley, old bay, mustard, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce and stir.
3) Add in bread pieces and stir mixture.
4) GENTLY fold in the crab meat with the mixture (Do this by hand to minimize breaking up the crab meat and keeping it "lump")
5) See where you're at at this point, feel free to add more mayo as needed in order to form patties without it breaking apart
6) Refrigerate for a few hours (patties break apart less if the mixture is cold). This step is essential as the crab flavors meld together and the mixture becomes more solidified.
7) Form patties out of the mixture and place on a baking sheet (I usually sprinkle additional Old Bay on top of the patties at this point)
8) Place the crab cakes into the oven on the top shelf for 8 minutes.
9) After 8 minutes, flip each crab cake to ensure even cooking. Once flipped, cook for another 6-8 minutes.
10) DONE! Makes about 10-12 crab cakes depending on how big you make the patties.
11) Remove the crab cakes from the oven when there is a nice "brown" on each side. When you take them out, they will continue to cook for a few minutes.
12) Serve crab cakes with a variety of sauces or toast some Potato buns/bread with cheese to make a crab cake sandwich. An additional idea is to melt a slice of cheese (American) on top of a crab cake to make "Crab Melt".
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (146g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 75 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.3g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 104.5mg||32 %|
|Sodium 715.9mg||25 %|
|Potassium 303.7mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.4g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 10.5g|
|Protein 18.3g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 192
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!