Top-ranked recipe named "Mashed Potato Pancakes"
This is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes! Potato pancakes are quick and easy to make.
"Finally, a potato pancake that is easy and delicious. I added corn to one batch and corn and diced turkey to another batch. Thanks for making my leftover dinner a success. :)"- Ghazuka
1. Set your skillet to medium-high temperature and add your oil. If I made bacon with breakfast I will always fry the pancakes in the leftover bacon grease; if I do this I do not add any salt to the mix.
2. In a medium bowl mix the mashed potatoes and egg together until fully mixed.
3. Add flour, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper and mix well - batter should appear thick.
4. Dollop heaping tablespoons onto the heated surface and flatten the batter with a spoon (forming a pancake).
5. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side (or until golden brown). Once you flip for the first time flatten the cakes down pretty hard with a spatula so the mashed potatoes will flatten and cook better.
This recipe and photo was borrowed from www.mrbreakfast.com; I added more onions and included parsley in my recipe. Also, I know this food isn't only from America, many other countries (Austria and Poland for example) have different varieties of this food - I simply put American to keep it simple.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
ron5760 1 year agoVery good. Family enjoyed this.
okapi1963 1 year agoNice side and able to use leftover mashed potato.
Shougn213 1 year agoI used Onion and Chive Potatoes and cut the onion by half and added Garlic flakes. Yummy!
CoyFishhy 1 year agoYum! I added green peppers as well. Love these!
iimorgans 1 year agoI'm not usually a fan of next day mashed potatoes but always make way to much..perfect way to use the left overs.
jenngirl 1 year agothose are good
dking 1 year ago
kitty00 1 year agoI made a slight improvement by stir frying the onions first b4 mxing, and i put 2 eggs instead of 1. It turned out so yummy and I earned a kiss from hubby too ^^
pylesw 1 year ago
nateamberkeirsten 2 years agoAdd some bisquik and shredded cheese( longhorn). If want really good add some shredded zucchini. Just sayin! Awesome!!!!