This is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes! Potato pancakes are quick and easy to make.
"Finally, a potato pancake that is easy and delicious. I added corn to one batch and corn and diced turkey to another batch. Thanks for making my leftover dinner a success. :)"
1. Set your skillet to medium-high temperature and add your oil. If I made bacon with breakfast I will always fry the pancakes in the leftover bacon grease; if I do this I do not add any salt to the mix.
2. In a medium bowl mix the mashed potatoes and egg together until fully mixed.
3. Add flour, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper and mix well - batter should appear thick.
4. Dollop heaping tablespoons onto the heated surface and flatten the batter with a spoon (forming a pancake).
5. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side (or until golden brown). Once you flip for the first time flatten the cakes down pretty hard with a spatula so the mashed potatoes will flatten and cook better.
This recipe and photo was borrowed from www.mrbreakfast.com; I added more onions and included parsley in my recipe. Also, I know this food isn't only from America, many other countries (Austria and Poland for example) have different varieties of this food - I simply put American to keep it simple.
ReverendKen 8m agoThis was a great recipe when I increased the onion, and put a fair amount of garlic in them I also ran some cooked chicken breast through my meat grinder and threw it in, it was a hit, especially with some red pepper flakes mixed in, even kids ate it.
ron5760 2y agoVery good. Family enjoyed this.
okapi1963 2y agoNice side and able to use leftover mashed potato.
Shougn213 2y agoI used Onion and Chive Potatoes and cut the onion by half and added Garlic flakes. Yummy!
CoyFishhy 2y agoYum! I added green peppers as well. Love these!
iimorgans 2y agoI'm not usually a fan of next day mashed potatoes but always make way to much..perfect way to use the left overs.
jenngirl 2y agothose are good
dking 2y ago
kitty00 2y agoI made a slight improvement by stir frying the onions first b4 mxing, and i put 2 eggs instead of 1. It turned out so yummy and I earned a kiss from hubby too ^^
pylesw 2y ago