Ready in 30 minutes
Delicious breakfasty-type cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350'F and line baking pan with paper liners.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Make sure the butter is cool or you?ll have scrambled eggs.
4. Whisk in maple extract and then alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk. Make three additions of flour mix and two of milk. Beat until smooth.
5. Scoop batter into prepared mini-muffin pan and bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.
6. Cool the cupcakes on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 3 cups
1 package (8 ounces) reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Place the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, 30 seconds. Stop the machine. Add the conFectioners' sugar, a little at a time, blend?ing with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute. Add the cinnamon, then increase the mixer speed to medium and blend the frost?ing until fluffy, 1 minute more.
Valerie411 11m agoAmazing!! The hint of maple is perfect! When making the frosting I accidentally added the whole stick of butter (whoops!!)...so I added extra cinnamon and vanilla extract to help cut the butter taste. It all tasted great!
Kla18252 1y agoMy new favorite muffin. I made them regular size and baked them for 20 minutes.
janglin28 2y agoI made these for a breakfast potluck. I was looking for something different. These are amazing and were a great hit. I made regular cupcake size and baked about 20 mins. I also used real maple syrup in place of extract just doubled the amount listed.
dark-molecule 2y agoGreat recipe, I don't leave many reviews but this one is awesome. Great for breakfast or dessert, I made large muffins they took a little longer to bake (16 - 20 mins) but still they were excellent!!
Katniss23 2y agoLOVE IT
ees55 2y agoThe cake is delicious! I made regular sized cupcakes. They turned out moist and the perfect density. The frosting may be just a bit too cinnamony for my taste, but other than that they were good.
jenlormer 2y agoThese are awesone! I will make these often.
MikeUrb 3y agoThese are great....i crumbled up bacon into the batter and in the icing. not good for you but tastes amazing...and they got me out of a speeding ticket. cop pulled me over, took one wif of the cupcakes and straight up asked me for one haha. then he told me to slow down and have a good day haha. (as you will see my picture is of the cupcakes on the front seat of my car)
gracehollingsworth186 3y ago
Rinny3 3y ago