Top-ranked recipe named "Mint Chocolate Cupcakes"
A delicious chocolate-mint cupcake, topped with minty icing. Perfect for an after dinner treat.
"My first attempt at baking and they came out amazing... Couldnt find any mint essence at tesco so i changed it to hazlenut an choco muffins, yummy!!! Thanks"- Tigii88
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
2. Place 18 cupcake cases into cupcake tins.
3. In a medium bowl, seive the flour, cocoa and baking powder, and set aside.
4. Beat the sugar and butter together in a large bowl until it turns smooth. Add the eggs one by one, and beat after each addition. Add the flour mixture slowly, and stir until well combined. Stir the mint essence and chocolate chips in, then spoon the mixture into the cases, (not to the top, as they will rise). Bake for 20 minutes or until ready.
5. Take out the tins from the oven and allow to cook for 5 minutes, then remove the cupcakes and cool them on a cooling rack.
6. To make the icing, beat the butter and icing sugar in a bowl until it becomes smooth and creamy. Stir in the mint essence and add a small amount of the food coloring to make the icing a minty green colour.
7. Ice the cupcakes and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Tigii88 2 years agoMy first attempt at baking and they came out amazing... Couldnt find any mint essence at tesco so i changed it to hazlenut an choco muffins, yummy!!! Thanks
katiewood 2 years agoThis sounds like an amazing recipe and it is now cooking in my oven
Trina5 3 years agoDelicious :)
CayleeGrey 3 years agoI added cocoa to the icing and loved it.
muffinchef 4 years agoIt taste so nice and the icing is awsome and easy to make
ChefMarina 5 years agoIts best to ice the cupcakes when they are completely cool, or the icing may melt and not look its best. [I posted this recipe.]