A delicious chocolate-mint cupcake, topped with minty icing. Perfect for an after dinner treat.
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
2. Place 18 cupcake cases into cupcake tins.
3. In a medium bowl, seive the flour, cocoa and baking powder, and set aside.
4. Beat the sugar and butter together in a large bowl until it turns smooth. Add the eggs one by one, and beat after each addition. Add the flour mixture slowly, and stir until well combined. Stir the mint essence and chocolate chips in, then spoon the mixture into the cases, (not to the top, as they will rise). Bake for 20 minutes or until ready.
5. Take out the tins from the oven and allow to cook for 5 minutes, then remove the cupcakes and cool them on a cooling rack.
6. To make the icing, beat the butter and icing sugar in a bowl until it becomes smooth and creamy. Stir in the mint essence and add a small amount of the food coloring to make the icing a minty green colour.
7. Ice the cupcakes and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (96g)|
|Recipe Makes: 18|
|Calories from Fat: 191 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.2g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.6g||63 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 137.2mg||42 %|
|Sodium 252.4mg||9 %|
|Potassium 136mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.3g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 45.3g|
|Protein 5.5g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 393
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.