This a quick and easy recipe that you can use to impress your friends and family. I looks great, taste great, and the warm creamy center puts it over the top for everyone.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease the ramekin dishes. I used butter for this. Be sure to get a generous amount on the bottom and sides of the dishes. Make sure you have butter in the seam where the walls and bottom meet. To me, this is the most important step in the recipe. If the cakes stick to the dishes after being cooked, they will bust open when you place them on the plate.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and butter. Microwave for 1 minute stirring every 20 seconds until both items are melted and smooth. Add the cream cheese and mix with your mixer until smooth.
4. In a second mixing bowl, add the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix with mixer until well mixed.
5. Add the chocolate mix and continue mixing until smooth. With mixer on low, slowly add the flour. Continue mixing until well mixed.
6. Sprinkle the nuts evenly on the bottom of your ramekin dishes.
7. Divide the batter among the four ramekin dishes, filling each to 70% capacity.
8. Place ramekin dishes on a non-greased baking dish and place in the oven.
9. Bake cakes for twelve minutes or until the tops are puffy and cracked. Some ovens cook a little faster than others. If the tops have cracked open and feel a little firm, then they are ready.
10. Remove cakes from the oven and let cook for 5-10 minutes.
11. Mix whipping cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form.
12. Fill a piping bag with the whipped cream and place in the fridge.
13. Using a thin small knife, cut around the sides of each cake to release it from the ramekin dish.
14. Place your desert plate on top of the ramekin dish and invert both items at the same time.
15. Slowly remove the ramekin dish. This should leave the cake standing upside down in the middle of your plate.
16. Sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top of the cake and around the plate.
17. Use your piping bag and run a layer of whipped cream around the edge of the cake and then add a small amount in the middle of the top of the cake.
18. Place four slices of strawberries in the corners of your plate and stand one slice in the middle of the cream on the top of the cake.
19. Drizzle the reduction sauce or your favorite ice cream topping around the plate.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (421g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 439 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 48.8g||65 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.9g||94 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.6g|
|Cholesterol 1616.6mg||497 %|
|Sodium 680.9mg||23 %|
|Potassium 514.8mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.5g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 10.3g|
|Protein 47.9g||68 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 673
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.