Top-ranked recipe named "Mushroom Risotto"
Easy and delicious mushroom risotto
"Very nice and basic side dish that can be made as a vegetarian option by substituting vegetable stock. Really Vince with fish or chicken and is substantial enough to be served as a main dish.
1. Heat the broth over low heat.
2. In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and cook the mushrooms until soft.
3. Put the mushrooms and the liquid in a bowl and set aside.
4. Add the remaining 1 tablespoons oil to skillet, and cook the onions for 1 minute.
5. Stir in the rice,coating it with oil, about 2 minutes.
6. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, add the wine, stirring constantly until it is fully absorbed.
7. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed.
8. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender-firm.
9. Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, thyme, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
valerieshippee 7 months agoThis recipe is now a family favorite. I have made it several times and always get great reviews.
BillyBaroo 1 year agoVery nice and basic side dish that can be made as a vegetarian option by substituting vegetable stock. Really Vince with fish or chicken and is substantial enough to be served as a main dish.
UchihaBones 1 year ago
Silo056 3 years agoGood guide line, don't use as gospel.
Turtleyeti 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]