Ready in 30 minutes
1. Heat the broth over low heat.
2. In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and cook the mushrooms until soft.
3. Put the mushrooms and the liquid in a bowl and set aside.
4. Add the remaining 1 tablespoons oil to skillet, and cook the onions for 1 minute.
5. Stir in the rice,coating it with oil, about 2 minutes.
6. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, add the wine, stirring constantly until it is fully absorbed.
7. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed.
8. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender-firm.
9. Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, thyme, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
valerieshippeeLove this recipe. I have made it on several occasions. Making it again tonight. Gets rave reviews every time.1y ago
valerieshippeeThis recipe is now a family favorite. I have made it several times and always get great reviews.2y ago
BillyBarooVery nice and basic side dish that can be made as a vegetarian option by substituting vegetable stock. Really Vince with fish or chicken and is substantial enough to be served as a main dish.3y ago
Silo056Good guide line, don't use as gospel.5y ago
Turtleyeti[I posted this recipe.]7y ago