Top-ranked recipe named "Mushroom Risotto"
Easy and delicious mushroom risotto
"Very nice and basic side dish that can be made as a vegetarian option by substituting vegetable stock. Really Vince with fish or chicken and is substantial enough to be served as a main dish.
1. Heat the broth over low heat.
2. In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and cook the mushrooms until soft.
3. Put the mushrooms and the liquid in a bowl and set aside.
4. Add the remaining 1 tablespoons oil to skillet, and cook the onions for 1 minute.
5. Stir in the rice,coating it with oil, about 2 minutes.
6. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, add the wine, stirring constantly until it is fully absorbed.
7. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed.
8. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender-firm.
9. Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, thyme, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
valerieshippee 2 months agoLove this recipe. I have made it on several occasions. Making it again tonight. Gets rave reviews every time.
balledi 3 months agoDelicious
valerieshippee 10 months agoThis recipe is now a family favorite. I have made it several times and always get great reviews.
BillyBaroo 2 years agoVery nice and basic side dish that can be made as a vegetarian option by substituting vegetable stock. Really Vince with fish or chicken and is substantial enough to be served as a main dish.
UchihaBones 2 years ago
Silo056 3 years agoGood guide line, don't use as gospel.
Turtleyeti 5 years ago[I posted this recipe.]