1. In a large stockpot, heat the extra-virgin olive oil and lightly saute the onion till translucent.
2. Add chopped garlic and chili flakes, saute until fragrant.
3. Add white wine and chopped tomatoes till boil.
4. Add mussels, parsley and capers, and cover quickly to let the steam cook the mussels.
5. Stir the mussels after 1 minute and cover again. Repeat after 2 more minutes.
6. Check the mussels, if they are open and plump, they are cooked.
7. Reduce flame, take all the mussels from the stockpot into a large bowl.
8. Let the sauce simmer (I prefer thick sauce).
9. Pour sauce over mussels and ready to serve with pasta or bread.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (390g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe