1) Cut up the bacon in half-inch bits and cook on the stove in crock pot. Microwave the potatoes for 5 mins to soften them up a bit.
2) When bacon done, add the onion and leeks, and cook for 10 minutes.
3) In a separate pot, heat the broth and half-and-half.
4) When onions and leeks finish cooking, add the heated broth, half-and-half, and all other ingredients except the crab meat to the crock pot.
5) Move the crock pot to its electric base and cook on high for 2 hours, then puree the soup with a hand-held electric mixer for a couple of minutes, add the crab meat (two 3-oz containers) to the mix, set crock pot on low and cook for another hour.
The bacon is the key flavor ingredient!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (400g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 149 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.6g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 62mg||19 %|
|Sodium 564.5mg||19 %|
|Potassium 728.2mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.4g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 34.9g|
|Protein 14.1g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 346
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe