1) Separate 3 eggs. Brush crust with the whites.
2) Place egg yolks in deep container of the kind used with hand-held electric wisks.
3) Grate (or use zester) Persian limes into yolks.
4) Place crust in preheated (350) oven for 5 mins.
5) Beat yolk/zest for 5 mins with electric wisk.
6) Add sweetened condensed milk. Beat 3 additional mins.
7) Add juice and beat until blended (about 20 secs).
8) Pour mixture into crust.
9) Bake in 350-deg over for 10 mins to set.
10) Allow to cool on stove, then refrigerate.
11) Place pie in freezer 45-60 mins before serving.
NOTE: The secrets to this pie are three: 1) fresh juice, 2) lots of zest, and 3) freezing before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (163g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 120 (26%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.3g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.9g||40 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 124.1mg||38 %|
|Sodium 173.3mg||6 %|
|Potassium 530mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 74.9g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 74.8g|
|Protein 11.7g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 455
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.