1) Preheat oven to 450.
2) Boil shrimp for 2 mins in 4 cups of seasoned water (Old Bay). Peel, devein, and set aside.
3) Heat pesto (I like fresh Contadina) on low in a small sauce pan until easily spreadable, then brush evenly over crust. Reserve 2 tabl for step #4. Add shredded cheese. Set aside.
4) Saute shrimp in 10" sauce pan over med high heat in butter for 2 mins, adding remaining pesto, parsley, and dill weed. Stir often. Add artichoke hearts at start of second minute and cover.
5) Lower temp under shrimp and artichoke mixture to low. Lower oven temp to 425 and bake crust for 8 mins on a perforated pizza sheet (middle oven position).
6) Spoon shrimp and artichokes evenly over crust and bake for an additional 2 mins.
This recipe made me a semi-finalist in Mama Mary's Gourmet Pizza crust contest in the first quarter of 2000.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (334g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 204 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.6g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.4g||67 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 239.1mg||74 %|
|Sodium 694.4mg||24 %|
|Potassium 635.4mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 7.7g|
|Protein 40.2g||57 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 413
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.