1. Line baking sheet (that will fit into the fridge) with cling film, foil or baking parchment
2. Melt dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended above a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave according to the manufacturers guidelines.
3. Crumble the cold Christmas pudding into a bowl, add the sherry and golden syrup and stir briskly till all incorporated.
4. Pour in the melted dark chocolate and stir again, this will make the mixture much more cohesive.
5. To make this step easier, put a pair of those disposable vinyl gloves sold in hardware stores. Pinch out small lumps of mixture and roll so that you have little rounds about the size of a chocolate truffle. You should get 30 out of the mixture.
6. Cover with cling film and slot into the fridge to firm up.
7. To decorate, chop the cherries and angelica into small pieces. Use the red cherries to make small berries and the green cherries or angelica to make Holly leaves. Once this is done, melt the chocolate either in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave according to the manufactures guidelines.
8. Using a teaspoon, drip a little of the melted white chocolate on each bonbon, then arrange the infuriatingly sticky pieces of cherry and/or angelica on top. You might find it easier to use tweezers or a couple toothpicks to do this.
9. Place 4-6 in little gift boxes, or on a plate to serve with coffee instead of dessert.
You can make these up to 2 weeks in advance before giving or eating. Pack in boxes and store in a very cool place. If made two weeks ahead, add a label to say "keep cool and eat within 1 or 2 days"
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (7g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 12 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.3g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0.9mg||0 %|
|Sodium 4mg||0 %|
|Potassium 15.7mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 3.3g|
|Protein 0.2g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 28
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.