1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Meanwhile, brown the ground beef; drain.
3. Place meat in a mixing bowl and mix with 1 cup of mozzarella.
4. Spread the mixture into a circle on a round pizza pan or baking stone (I prefer the stone); and top with 1/2 cup pizza sauce.
5. Top with the rest of the mozzarella, optional toppings and seasonings.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
Comments: Tastes like a pizza, cuts like a pizza, yet there is no dough... though do have a fork and knife on hand for eating purposes because it can get a little messy if eaten with hands only. I am a South Beach dieter with a love for Italian foods and this is what curbs my craving for pizza. I love mine with the turkey pepperoni slices, onion, green peppers and mushroom. Serve with a tossed salad or marinated veggies.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (154g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 145 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.1g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.5g||43 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 86.5mg||27 %|
|Sodium 613.2mg||21 %|
|Potassium 366mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.9g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 3.4g|
|Protein 28.9g||41 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 281
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe