This should satisfy even the doubters of egg salad and is easy to adapt or change. This is great to put on
The steps look long but I promise they aren't!
1) Hard boil the eggs by creating a single layer in a pot. Cover with cold water and boil 10-15 minutes depending on your elevation. You may need to cook in batches.
2) As your eggs boil chop celery, pickles and onion until fine. Don't worry about perfection a coarse small chop is preferred.
3) After your eggs are done bring the entire pot to the sink and run cold water into the pot until the eggs are cool enough to handle. Peel the eggs and set aside.
4) Combine the vegetables in a bowl.
5) Add the paprika and ground mustard to vegetables.
6) Cut the eggs and remove the yolks into the bowl setting aside the whites.
7) Mix the ingredients in the bowl breaking the yolks in the process.
8) Coarsely chop the egg whites and mix into the bowl.
9) Juice the lime by rolling firmly against the counter or cutting board for ten seconds. Then cut in half. Squeeze the lime around the tines of a fork while rotating. This releases the most juice.
10) Add the mustard and mayo and mix together.
11) Chill for a minimum of 30 minutes to overnight.
12) Spread on a piece of bread or toast with a leaf of lettuce.
13) Eat within three days.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (536g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 507 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 56.3g||75 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.5g||82 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.4g|
|Cholesterol 2120.1mg||652 %|
|Sodium 865.5mg||30 %|
|Potassium 691.4mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.2g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 9.8g|
|Protein 63.2g||90 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 797
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.