This bread is great - the process of heating the raisins in water makes them very plump and juicy.
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a bread loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. Lightly beat the eggs and set aside 1 tablespoon of the oats.
3. Combine the raisins and water in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until the raisins are plump. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter until melted. Set mixture aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the oats (except the reserved tablespoon) and stir together.
5. Whisk the eggs into the cooled raisin mixture. Stir the raisin mixture into the dry ingredients and stir about 10 times or until moistened.
6. Pour into the loaf pan and sprinkle with the reserved tablespoon of oats. Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (124g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 68 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.6g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.8g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 181.3mg||56 %|
|Sodium 166.7mg||6 %|
|Potassium 355.5mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 55.2g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 51.9g|
|Protein 10.3g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 318
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.