Hearty and good. When preparing kale, remove the tough ribs, chop or tear the kale as directed, then wash it. If you are going to use hot italian sausage then omit the pepper flakes. If you want the soup a little thicker, you can make a slurry of a heaping teaspoon (regular, not measuring spoon) of cornstarch and a little of cold water mixed into a cup. Dissolve the cornstarch and add to the soup. Or you can mash some of the potatoes on the side of the pot.
1. Sautee Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in pot. Drain excess fat, set aside.
2. In the same pan, sautee bacon. When about half way cooked add the onions and garlic. Sautee for approximately 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
3. Add the chicken stock and water. Bring to a boil.
4. Add potatoes and cook until soft, about 15-20 minutes.
5. Add heavy cream and the cooked sausage and cook until heated through. Add white pepper to taste
6. Add kale just before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (446g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 149 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.6g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.9g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 65.3mg||20 %|
|Sodium 4375.6mg||151 %|
|Potassium 893.1mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.1g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 25.3g|
|Protein 16.8g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 390
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe